Senior Planner Yorkshire & Humberside
Apply for this vacancy
Role: Senior Planner
Salary: £55,000-65,000 plus car/allowance, comprehensive benefits
You will be working for one of the longest-established main contractors in the country and as one of the region’s most successful construction companies, you will benefit from an established client base and extensive framework access to ensure stability and consistency of workload.
Operating primarily in the public sector along with a strong track record of commercial, industrial, student accommodation and high-rise residential projects, you will be part of a region delivering some of the largest and most noteworthy schemes in Yorkshire at this time.
To compliment the Yorkshire business unit’s phenomenal growth in recent years, there is now the requirement for an additional Senior Planner to join the team to be responsible for both tender planning and construction phase management, heavily weighted in favour of the former.
To be applicable for this role, you must be an experienced Planner or Senior Planner from a main contracting background, ideally with tender planning experience in the above sectors.
- Analytically review tender documents to understand the Client’s requirements in terms of deliverables and programme milestones.
- Produce integrated tender programmes working from first principles to include labour and plant requirements for all work packages,
- Review supply chain quotations to ensure sufficient attendances are included, obtain accurate lead in times and incorporate into the programme and ratify programme durations.
- Produce detailed tender enquiries for all preliminaries. Obtain quotations, analyse and incorporate into a tender preliminary book.
- Prepare logistics plans, including 4D models, and method statements and present proposals to settlement meeting
- Ensure proper integration of design and procurement elements linked to construction activities. Liaise with design and commercial teams to ensure key milestones are achieved.
- Ensure health, safety and environmental considerations are included within the programme, method statement and preliminaries
- Establish key programme risks for inclusion in the project risk register
- Ensure the project team is fully briefed on the tender programme and logistics plan including any contractual obligations
- Support the project team in programme management including progress reporting during the course of the project
- Collate accurate progress outputs for benchmarking and share best practice and lessons learned with the Planning team
Skills & Abilities
- Experience of tender planning for a national main contractor or strong regional contractor
- First principle awareness
- Partnering knowledge
- Compliancy with standards & processes
- High level of planning and programming knowledge
- High level of Asta Power Project or equivalent software
- Ability to undertake site audits
- Ability to develop & maintain relationships with estimators & site management
- Good health & safety awareness
- Commercially aware