Senior Estimator Yorkshire & Humberside
Apply for this vacancy
I am working with one of the largest main contractors within Yorkshire, who have operations across the UK. My client specialises in new build and refurbishment schemes for clients in healthcare, education, Leisure / hospitality, Government and Pharmaceutical. They have a number of large scale projects that are set to go onsite within the next few months. They have the need for a Quantity surveyor to join their team and work on projects between £10 - £50 million.
You will be responsible for the preparation and submission of tenders, under a variety of forms of procurement. Working as part of a team with the objective of securing profitable future workload for the business. Utilise construction knowledge and commercial experience in conjunction with other members of the bid team to ensure competitive bids. Risk and Value management during the tender period. Preparation of budgets and cost plans.
- Appraisal of tender documents.
- Preparation of material and sub-contract enquiries including selection of prospective subcontractors.
- Visit site to identify site specific risks.
- Contribute to the design development process and attend design team meetings.
- Preparing tender Bills of Quantities.
- Preparation of analytical cost estimates including preliminaries.
- Prepare budgets and cost plans.
- Adjudication and comparison of sub-contractor quotations.
- Initiate technical queries and ensure design sufficiently developed to ensure accurate costings.
- Presentation of the tender to senior management at tender settlement meetings including the highlighting major commercial issues.
- Completion of tender documentation and submission of the tender.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Appropriate Construction related qualification - HND/Degree or similar (essential).
- Extensive experience of analytical civil engineering estimating.
- All forms of contract including traditional, partnering, design & build 2 stage tenders and frameworks.
- Experience of using estimating software.
- Well developed Technical Construction Knowledge.
- Develop personal skills and capability through on-going training, experience and mentoring.
- Awareness of BIM.
- Cost Planning.
If you would like more information about this role please do not hesitate to contact me.Back