Apply for this vacancy
Role: Senior Estimator
Salary: £60,000 to £70,000 plus car / allowance and benefits package
You will be working for one of largest construction and services groups in the North. Established for over fifty years and turning over in excess of £250million across its various business units, you will be employed by a stable, family orientated and highly capable organisation whose Yorkshire region is continuing to grow with the securing of a large number of projects for 2019.
Operating primarily in the education and healthcare sectors as well as commercial, industrial and retail and with a steady pipeline of work in the region, your role will be varied and challenging and you will be expected to assist in the development of less experience team members.
To be applicable for this opportunity, you must be an experienced Project or Senior Estimator with a main contracting background only. Experience in the above sectors will be a distinct advantage but other sectors will be welcome providing your background is tendering for new build and refurbishment projects with another main contractor.
Main Purpose of Role:
To prepare and present to directors a tender price based on tender enquiry documents supplied by the client. Manage and coordinate the preparation of selected tenders in parallel.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Full preparation of estimate for settlement on agreed date.
- Coordination of: designs, programmes, method statements; contractors proposals, quantities etc
- Obtaining subcontractor prices and checking compliance.
- Pricing of labour, plant and material elements.
- Pricing of preliminaries.
- Highlighting risk and where possible assess the cost.
- Presentation & input to the tender settlement meetings.
- Ensuring fully compliant tender submissions.
- Delivery of tender by the agreed deadlines, to the specified address.
- Supervision of Estimating Assistant as appropriate.
- Use of computerised estimating system where appropriate.
- Handover tender package to production team
Experience & Qualifications
- At least 5 years’ Estimating experience (essential)
- Demonstrable experience of tendering for new build construction projects (essential)
- Demonstrable success in winning work in the £1-15million bracket (essential)
- Demonstrable longevity working for one or more main contractors (essential)
- Experience using Conquest, Causeway or equivalent estimating software