Project Quantity Surveyor London
Apply for this vacancy
Role: Project Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £45,000-55,000 plus comprehensive package
You will be working for one of the UK’s leading contractors, synonymous across the UK in the delivery of landmark projects in sectors such as education, healthcare, local and central government and PRS/mixed-use.
There are currently a number of PRS and mixed-use projects being negotiated in London & the South East – in Berkshire and Surrey in particular – with values up to £60million. To compliment these schemes, there is now the need to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to support a Commercial Manager in the delivery of one of these schemes
To be applicable for this role, you must be a proven Quantity Surveyor on projects in excess of £10million, either as the commercial lead or No.2 to a Senior Surveyor or Commercial Manager. You will have gained this experience working for another Tier 1 contractor or recognised regional player or developer.
- Procurement of supplier / subcontractors/consultants consistent with company standards and procurement strategy
- Commercial activity within contract delivery
- Provide operations with commercial and contractual advice, determining risks, maximising opportunities & keeping excellent quality, accurate records.
- Drafting of contractual correspondence
- Assisting in producing project procurement strategy documentation and project value enhancement plans, inputting into planning activities with horizons of typically up to 6 months.
- Maintain robust and consistent change control processes on the project to identify and agree appropriate changes / variations with the Employers Representative.
- Risk & Performance Management
- Identify risks & opportunities & evaluate options
- Budget preparation
- Preparation of accurate & prudent cost / value analysis
- Pricing and rating variations and compensation events
- Maintenance of cost information and providing information for timely and accurate applications for payment
- Interim and final account measurement, site measurement and drawing take off
- Interim payment & final account agreement of subcontractors
- Planning & prioritisation skills
- Plan and prioritise appropriately in anticipation of the demands & outcomes of a task or situation
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant qualification in construction/commercial quantity surveying
- Make decisions within parameters set by manager
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with individuals at all levels
- Leadership & motivation - Drive the performance of self and others to achieve the highest level possible
- Strategic skills - Demonstrate understanding of the current and future direction of the business
- Constantly seek ways to improve how the company does things, including sharing good practice & ideas
- Deal with change in a positive, open minded & supportive way
- Focus in on the long-term benefits to the company when making plans and decisions
- Clearly demonstrate the capability and drive to successfully carry out the key requirements of company leaders
- Build trusting relationships based on open communication and mutual respect
- Demonstrate the appropriate passion, energy and enthusiasm to succeed