Apply for this vacancy
Role: Pre-Construction Manager
Salary: £70,000-90,000 plus comprehensive package
You will be leading pre-construction and work-winning efforts in Yorkshire for one of the household names of the UK construction industry.
As one of the largest national contractors, you will join a talented and growing team to work on schemes in Yorkshire up to £70million in value.
To be applicable for this role, you must come from a national contracting background and have proven yourself in Bid Management, Framework Management or Pre-Construction Management positions over the course of several years.
Desirable sector experience includes education, healthcare and residential (student accommodation, PRS or large extra-care).
- Manage the full preconstruction life cycle, including but not limited to; developing relationships with the client, achieving the position of preferred bidder, bringing the project to contract close and transferring it to construction.
- Understand and challenge technical documents relating to design, construction, legal and financial elements of a bid and to devise a strategy in such a way as to maximise the opportunity to win whilst paying regard to the cost associated with the preparation of the bid.
- Recommend the appointment of the external consultants required to participate to the bid.
- Define the internal technical resources requirements.
- Define and monitor the commercial budgets associated with each tender opportunity.
- Taking ownership of problems whilst being able to develop solutions in a practical manner go hand-in-hand with the ability to present and lead bid negotiations with internal staff, clients and representatives alike.
- Develop strategies to understand client needs whilst developing a strong relationship with them.
- Evaluating and acting upon the tender information to develop an appropriate Bid Strategy with the other members of the Bid Team.
- Interpret bid questions and complete deliverables schedules and response templates, and as necessary write concisely in response.
- Attend, and where necessary, lead any meetings with the Professional or Design teams during the Bid preparation process.
- Challenge and/or validate the design development from a buildability and deliverability point of view throughout the bid process to eliminate undue risk / cost.
- Conduct presentations and leading bid negotiations with clients and their representatives.
- Present the tender to the Operational Team at the Transfer [Contract Commencement] meeting including a clear presentation of the basis of the finalised tender.
- Maintain contact with the production team during the currency of the contract and ensure that feedback is obtained on project progress.
- Liaise with all departments within the business to be able to effectively conduct duties of the role.
- By personal example and contact, make every effort to ensure all members of the team have a good understanding of the aims of the Company and their place in the team.
- Ensure your conduct towards customers and colleagues is such that it upholds and enhances the good image of the Company.
- Make an active contribution to the facilitation of a welcoming work environment.
- Be committed to continuing professional development and to maintain an up to date knowledge required for the level of appointment
- Act at all times in accordance with the Company`s values as an ambassador and advisor to the Company and ensure that working relationships with internal and external customers is such that it upholds and enhances the good image of the Company.