M&E Design Manager Yorkshire & Humberside
Apply for this vacancy
I'm working with Yorkshire based company who are a global leader within their field. They have operations in 18 countries across Europe and 4 companies across the rest of the world.
They have an excellent reputation for customer service, effective management of business operations and consistent product innovation.
As the design manager you will manage the design, delivery, coordination and design approvals for M&E installations from pre-planning through to completion of works on site. You will manage the M&E consultants in the execution of their duties and where required assist in the management of sub-contractors.
- Ensure the M&E designers eliminate foreseeable health and safety risks and exploit opportunities to improve safety, quality, time and cost.
- Support head of design in formal appointment of design consultants, ensuring design responsibilities are clearly defined and fully aligned with project objectives.
- Work closely with design team and Digital Manager to deliver project information in accordance with EIRs and BIM Execution Plan.
- Assist with / Monitor, co-ordinate and control the flow of M&E design information to ensure the timely release of information for pre-construction and construction activities.
- Review M&E design information at tender stage and undertake a full design gap analysis to advise the bidding team of any design non-compliance, risks / opportunities.
- Ensure the M&E design is accurately delivered and to industry quality onsite through routine inspections in the factory and on site and is validated on completion of the works.
- Support the implementation of continuous improvement programmes and innovation to increase pre-manufactured value.
- A strong communicator and a proven ability to build positive working relationships, internally/externally across all levels of management.
- Confident and assertive to enable challenges to be overcome with strong focus on results and meeting deadlines.
- Acts to quickly and efficiently solve both internal and external customer concerns; customer feedback to identify their needs and monitors their satisfaction; resolves root cause of customer problems.
- Have experience of Building Services design through all stages from concept to co-ordinated installation drawings, technical submissions and O&Ms.
- Experience of design and build contracts with specific knowledge of education, healthcare and commercial buildings.
- Working knowledge of working with BREEAM • Knowledge of design and design interrogation software such as Navisworks and Revit for example.
If you would like more information about this position feel free to give me a call on 01924 335656.Back