Managing Quantity Surveyor North West
Apply for this vacancy
Role: Managing Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £75k-85k plus comprehensive package
You will be working for one of the UK’s leading contractors, synonymous across the UK in the delivery of landmark projects in sectors such as education, healthcare, local and central government and PRS/mixed-use.
To compliment the growing pipeline of projects the North West business unit is currently negotiating, there is now the requirement for an additional Managing Quantity Surveyor to join the team, responsible for either 2-3 of these schemes and their site teams or the resident leadership of a single, £50million+ project.
To be applicable for this role, you must be a proven Senior Surveyor or established Managing Surveyor, ideally with Tier 1 contractor experience. You will be able to demonstrate your track record in managing teams on sizeable new build projects or numerous concurrent smaller schemes.
To plan, control, manage and ensure effective administration of the commercial and financial aspects of the contract whilst ensuring compliance with the conditions of the contract and the Business Management System.
- Maintain and develop commercial processes and procedures and apply best practice and a continuous improvement approach, to maximise returns in terms of profit.
- Manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
- Maximise cash flow through the timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment.
- Manage the prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts, including variations, claims and disputes.
- Manage the production of accurate and timely accounts for use in managing the business.
- Manage the production of accurate and timely project financial forecasts for use in setting targets and managing the business.
- Establish and maintain robust open and honest reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that the projects meet agreed targets.
- Develop a thorough and in-depth understanding of the contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to the projects to ensure the company’s position is protected.
- Assist the Bid Team in the preparation and pricing of tenders for new work.
Experience and Qualifications:
- You will have experience of working within the Construction industry for a Tier 1 contractor, specifically on Design and Build; as well as sound knowledge of JCT and NEC Conditions of Contract.
- You will have experience working in the public sector, ideally on frameworks such as NWCH, ESFA/DfE and P22 (or previous incarnations)
- You will have experience of managing a team.
- You will be degree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB (or moving towards professional membership).