Apply for this vacancy
Role: Document Controller
Location: North Yorkshire
Salary: £24,000-30,000 DOE
You will be working for a rapidly expanding property developer based in North Yorkshire who specialise in the restoration, conversion and re-purposing of some of the region’s most iconic buildings. The company transforms listed buildings, stately homes and vacated offices into luxury apartments to create an unrivalled living experience in the towns and cities in our county.
With the company’s expansion reaching a new level, there is now the requirement to employ a Document Controller to work alongside the Development Managers, responsible for the flow of information through to the Site teams. As the company continues to grow, opportunities for advancement and increased responsibility will be available to the successful applicant.
To be applicable for this role, you must have already worked as a Document Controller in the construction industry and ideally have well-rounded knowledge of relevant software systems, something you may be given the opportunity to implement as necessary.
The successful candidate will primarily be office-based and will be responsible for undertaking all matters of document control for the construction teams.
Key responsibilities and experience will include:
- Input and manage incoming documents on data management systems to ensure accurate records of the project documents.
- Produce monthly reports/statements on document control status.
- Conduct printing and photocopying as required as well as providing general administration support for the Project teams.
- Be highly organised, have strong attention to detail and be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Intermediate to advanced level grasp of Microsoft Office.
Qualifications and additional experience
- Have previous and recent document control experience from within the construction industry, ideally a main contractor
- Experience of using specialist software packages such as 4Projects or equivalent
- Have excellent written and communication skills.