Construction Operations Manager Yorkshire & Humberside
Apply for this vacancy
Role: Construction Operations Manager
Package: £70,000-85,000 plus comprehensive package
You will be working for a leading regional housebuilder operating primarily in the new build affordable housing sector with over 30 years of history and track record.
To compliment strong figures in 2018 and with another good year projected for construction in Yorkshire in 2019, there is now the requirement to bolster the management team to meet the challenges and targets ahead.
The Operations Manager will report directly into the Director and will add another layer of management above the Contracts and Projects Manager, responsible for day to day oversight of the construction business, strategy, analysis and pre-construction input (alongside the Head of Pre-Construction).
Developments typically range from a small, several unit projects up to 100+ unit, £10million+ schemes, covering the breadth of the region although typically not any further than the Yorkshire boundaries and with the majority in the West and South of the county.
To be applicable for this opportunity, you must be a proven construction leader from either a Contracts Management or Operational Management background, gained from a notable private or social housebuilder.
You will be responsible for the successful execution of operational activities on multiple projects, contracts or full framework. Responsible for end-to-end delivery from pre-construction to close-out including client management. Responsible for achieving business targets in area of responsibility and management of all aspects of delivery in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety, quality, sustainability and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHEQ department including the development of area improvement plans, the setting and delivery of area targets and the carrying out of leadership tours.
- Establish, assign and supervise a suitable organisation to deliver projects/contracts/frameworks within area of responsibility.
- Ensure, in conjunction with People, that staff and workforce are sufficiently competent, experienced and supported, to carry out the roles they have been assigned to.
- Specifically identify the nature of any experience arising from projects and make provision for retention and transfer both during the execution of the project and project completion.
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of projects/contracts/frameworks within area of responsibility in accordance with contract requirements, SHEQ, technical and quality requirements and commercial targets.
- Full accountability for the P&L on each project across your region, ensuring financial objectives are consistently met and ensure projects are commercially viable
- Develop and maintain the strong client relationships to support the winning and delivery of work
- Ensure sufficient staff are provided to support Work-Winning on an as-needs basis to deliver the necessary future pipeline of work.
- Deliver corporate and operational unit communications within areas of responsibility and receive feedback through regular meetings with operational teams.
- Develop, control and deliver the operational aspects of the Corporate Business Plan and annual targets.
- Ensure regular internal, and where appropriate external, communications are developed to publicises the work undertaken within area of responsibility.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a related role
- Extensive housebuilding experience at a senior level
- High standard of education (preferably degree qualified)
- Management of multiple profit & loss accounts
- Business focused on cost reduction
- IT literacy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Collaboration and team working
- Quality management
- Problem solving