Buyer Yorkshire & Humberside
Apply for this vacancy
Role: Buyer (Materials & Plant)
Location: South Yorkshire
Salary: £30,000-35,000 plus package
You will be working for one of the premier housebuilders in the region with a wide array of high-profile and eye-catching developments across Yorkshire and the East Midlands.
With over 700 new houses set to be delivered in 2019, there is now the requirement for an experienced Buyer to join the team to work alongside the Supply Chain Manager in supporting these ongoing and upcoming developments.
You will be part of a company that puts team ethic and employee satisfaction at the heart of everything it does and with new offices both on site and at head office, demonstrates a continual investment in its own infrastructure.
To apply for this role, you must have experience in a Buying role within construction, ideally for another housebuilder.
Key Accountabilities: -
- Responsible for ordering Building materials and hiring plant for several new build housing projects throughout Yorkshire and the Midlands
- Read, understand & abstract technical information from drawings and specifications
- Schedule materials from drawings and specifications
- Raising thorough material order enquires for tender of material packages.
- Collate quotes, analyse & negotiate with suppliers
- Value Engineering
- Producing and issuing schedule purchase orders
- Inputting orders and schedules onto purchase order software system (Housebuilder)
- Raising & issuing low level repeat orders
- Raising & issuing prelim, secondary and call off orders
- Updating and issuing orders following design changes
- Updating and issuing orders with price changes
- Establish excellent working relationships with the Supply Chain
- Provide purchasing support to other functions within the business
- Active participation in team meetings (including site visits) and feedback sessions, in conjunction with other company personnel.
- Resolving invoice queries
- Assist the Supply Chain Manager where necessary
- Support other members of the Procurement team
- Commitment to quality in all aspects of service delivery
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum guidance, confidence in taking the initiative, making decisions and consult as appropriate
- Task orientated
- Take ownership and responsibility
- Have an engaged and positive attitude
- Forge relationships and form effective communication with the supply chain and the wider team
- Deadline focused
- Achieve Team objectives
- ‘Can do’ attitude
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous experience in a Buying role within the housebuilding sector
- Computer literate / Microsoft Office in particular Excel
- Highly numerate with efficient administration
- HNC Construction and the Build Environment (desirable)