Assistant Quantity Surveyor East Midlands
Apply for this vacancy
You will be working for one of the UK’s largest privately owned contractors, synonymous across the UK in delivering construction projects in both the private and public sectors.
With significant growth experienced across all of its various business units and territories, there is now the requirement to grow the commercial team in the Midlands with the addition of an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to support the Commercial Lead on a new £10million education scheme near Leicester. Future work will primarily sit across the West Midlands although, as in this case, there may be more schemes in the more western East Midlands.
To be applicable for this role, you must have already graduated University in Quantity Surveying or an equivalent subject and have at least a year’s experience working for a main contractor on build projects ie. not civils.
To have an active role in assisting with the implementation of all commercial aspects of the project through working closely with the Surveyor/Senior Surveyor and site delivery team, while continuing to learn and developing your understanding of all aspects of a project through day-to-day involvement
- Assist the commercial team, where necessary, to implement work winning strategy at procurement
- Understanding how to identify any risks and opportunities
- Engagement with subcontractors including assisting with tender enquiries
- Assisting the Project Procurement in accordance with delivery programme
- Assist in the implementation of the Tender Event Schedule
- Preparing Tender Documentation
- Analyse tender returns and being part of the negotiation process through to proposing subcontractor
- Preparation of Sub-Contract Orders
- Responsibility for selected trade packages
- Full UK Driving License
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent subject
- Post-graduate experience working for another main contractor
- Experience working on new build and/or refurbishment projects