Below are a list of currently available jobs. Please click read more to find more details about each listing.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
- £18000.00 - 26000.00
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
Role: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £18,000-26,000 plus package
About the business
You will be working for a business that prides itself in being a family owned and principled company, delivering specialist construction services to its valued clients striving for total satisfaction in all that they do.
Established for over 40 years, they have grown and developed over those four decades into a leading Regional Building Contractor offering client focused solutions in the Construction, Refurbishment, Bespoke Joinery, Design & Build, Minor Works, Measured Term Contracts and Management Contracting sectors, delivering projects in a number of sectors with values ranging from £100k-£3million.
Delivering these services via their professional management and directly employed trades teams with the companies core family values inherent mean you will work for one of the few UK Principal Building Contractors offering clients a complete construction solutions package.
The business is part of a much larger group which has prides itself on being a great employer and has subsequently been named as a Sunday Times Top 10 company to work for.
Purpose of the Role:
To proactively support the QS / Senior QS on the successful management and control all aspects of the commercial / financial and contractual elements of the designated projects in order to control and maximise the company's profitability, protect the companies legal and contractual obligations under the contract and to manage proactively the control of all commercial issues. This is to include assisting with the preparation and administration of monthly applications and valuations and also procuring and valuing sub-contractors accounts in line with our client's contractual obligations and Commitments to Subcontractors. In addition, the support and assistance in ensuring cost reports and the like are managed, completed on time and monitored. To understand, implement and adhere to the company SHEQ policy/strategy.
· To assist the QS with commercial administration and management on a number of live projects or projects at pre-construction phase
· To attend college or further education (where offered or applicable) in line with company procedures
· Sub-contract procurement and commercial management
· Compile valuations with QS
· Prepare internal valuations to determine accurate cost reports
· Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
· Change management control
· Preparation of documentation and the like for valuation, procurement or commercial administration
· Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities
· To support the QS in the management the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting
· Develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout
· Assist the QS with subcontractor selection and ensure the chosen subcontractor has the appropriate order and information to carry out their work
· Assisting the QS over contractual issues and take action as required
· Measure progress, assist in submitting valuations, final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner
· Process subcontractor requests for payment and issue of notices
· Assist in completing a monthly cost / valuation report and cash flow for the designation projects
· Where appropriate, assist with estimates and negotiations for future projects or phases
· Logical and auditable collation of supporting financial documentation
· Attend project and company related meetings
· Ensure the company is neither compromise nor disadvantaged by an contractual or financial arrangement
· Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation
· To supervise with all staff, clients, consultants and residents in a professional manner
· Assist in ensuring company with Health & Safety
· Sufficiently manage the financial aspects of the project to ensure the correct safety equipment is used at all times
· Be responsible for your safety and others around you
· Ensure timely cash flow management for the Client and the group, and the supply change
· Assisting the development and training of trainee surveyors
· Maintaining and developing professional relationships with the Client, to help future business development
· Any other reasonable management request
· Fully computer literate including Microsoft suite of applications
· BSc in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management (or equivalent - candidates currently still in studies on day release may also be considered)
· Relevant commercial experience through industry placement or pre/post-graduate role/s
· Full UK Driving License