Below are a list of currently available jobs. Please click read more to find more details about each listing.
Senior Consultant (Construction Claims)
- West Yorkshire
- £55000.00 - 60000.00
- Company Car, Pension
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
Our Client is a well-established construction consultancy specialising in dispute avoidance, expert witness, dispute resolution, training, project management, commercial management, health & safety advice, programme management and risk analysis & mitigation. With a company ethos of team spirit, mutual encouragement and support they promote personal development and a culture of knowledge sharing which means they have an excellent pleasant & friendly work environment. Due to continued expansion they are looking to recruit and experienced Senior Consultant
- Construction professional providing professional services and products with no limits on scope for personal and career growth.
- The Senior Consultant will report to the Managing Director and Senior Management Team.
- The Senior Consultant will be a professional with a construction related degree (or other relevant, substantial experience) who has worked for either:
- For a business providing Dispute Resolution/Avoidance services and advice (5 years or more); or
- For a contracting organisation ideally with some experience of delay analysis.
- The Senior Consultant will have experience in resolving disputes and providing commercial and contractual advice to clients.
- Duties will include , but, will not be limited to, the following:
- Reviewing and providing advice on Construction Contracts
- Assisting Clients to avoid disputes by providing professional commercially focussed advice.
- Assisting Clients on issues associated with loss delay.
- Work with the consultancies Delay Analysts to provide assistance on contentious and non-contentious time related matters.
- Present Training to the consultancies numerous clients on commercial, contractual and time related matters.
- Representation of the Consultancies Clients in various tribunals.
- Work with Solicitors providing professional assistance in construction disputes.
Experience and Expectations
- The successful candidate will be experienced in providing professional construction commercial and contractual advice or working in a senior commercial role for a contracting organisation.
- Experience in dispute avoidance or resolution is crucial, the candidate should possess a keen interest in developing their understanding in the field.
- Be assertive, confident and comfortable in a meeting environment and able to actively contribute where necessary.
- The ability to deliver a high standard of products and services required by the Employer.
- Having experience and/or keen to learn and assist with Business Development and developing business relationships with clients of various backgrounds.
- The candidate will have significant experience of both the JCT forms of Contract and NEC forms of contract and will want to learn more.
- Ability and a passion for working as part of a team.
- Ideally the candidate will have experience working in both a consultant & contracting environment.
- Further studies will be actively encouraged.
- It is essential to have a high working knowledge and experience with JCT, D&B and NEC Forms of Contract.
- Experience of managing, avoiding and resolving disputes to a high professional standard.
- To be, or aspire to be, an expert in your professional field.
- To have the drive, passion and personality to assist in the resolution of construction disputes both professionally, commercially and pragmatically.
- To be able to communicate across all levels, both internally through the business and externally with clients, Consultants and alike.
- The Candidate will be construction degree qualified with a minimum of 10 years' experience in the industry.
- Ideally Chartered or some other relevant Professional Qualifications.