Below are a list of currently available jobs. Please click read more to find more details about each listing.
- Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
- £37500.00 - 42500.00
- car allowance, benefits
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
Role: Design Coordinator
Salary: £37,500-42,500, car allowance, healthcare, life insurance
You will be working for a socially responsible housing retrofit and new home building company, built on reputation and dedicated to working in long term partnerships that deliver sustainable new homes and communities. As a forward-thinking and innovative business, you will be working for an organisation that is entirely devoted to the communities it serves, including reinvesting any surplus into local charities, building technologically advanced homes that help the environment and tackling the growing problem of fuel poverty in the UK. With offices across the North of England, this is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most interesting and modern house builders in the country, with a reputation for excellence and a rapidly growing portfolio.
Purpose of the Role:
You will report to the Design and Technical Manager and will be responsible in assisting in all aspects of the site development and Design for social / private new build schemes ranging in size from £500k to £6.0m
1. Be persistent in problem solving, seeking solutions through the expertise of both self and others, researching the facts with care and resolving problems in a timely and thorough manner.
2. Generate and provide specialist and/or administrative services which benefit the organisation and whether they are "thing" or "people" related lead to a high level of both internal or external customer satisfaction.
3. Remain self-controlled when things go wrong and people get agitated or aggressive, be prepared to listen to what others say and feel, deal with conflict in an accommodating manner and use practicality as a method for reaching a solution.
4. Establish, build and stabilise relationships by listening to what others have to say thus digesting and absorbing the facts in order to respond and take action.
5. Remain forceful when others become pessimistic and defeatist and provide satisfactory and acceptable outcomes in situations which involve the new and unexpected.
6. Set tough objectives, monitor progress and if necessary take corrective action and generally control the performance of both self and if appropriate others.
7. Be confident when dealing with negative people and encourage them to come up with imaginative solutions to difficult problems.
8. Meet people with ease and motivate them to seek opportunities and achieve high standards.
9. Be firm and persistent when expressing views and provide thoughts and ideas to overcome problems once the situation has been properly debated.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The Design Co-ordinator will support the co-ordination of design and engineering services for Partnership, Land led, Tender and Operational delivery of schemes having significant experience in the following areas:
1.Have knowledge of Engineering, Drainage & Structural Design within housing and coordination of both technical and drawn information
2.Preparation of Phase 1 Desk Top Studies researching basic background information to formulate an opinion on any potential hazards and ground conditions.
3.Co-ordinate drainage designs and foundation solutions with Engineers to estimate outfall positions, flow rates and storage requirements for feasibility schemes.
4.Identify key engineering design and technical considerations and operational solutions within specification and Employers Requirements to assist Quantity Surveyors and Estimators
5.Facilitate comparisons in quotations for all engineering consultant related activities
6.Request engineering related reports required to validate planning applications or discharge planning conditions
7.Co-ordinate the discharge of engineering related planning conditions with consultants
8.Co-ordinate the preparation of Section Agreements, monitor and chase Technical Approvals through to completion
9.Co-ordinate all scheme related documentation to enable an accurate build to specification
10.Assist in the preparation of Contractors Proposals based on Employers Requirements and in line with current Building Regulations
11.Co-ordinate the requirement of engineering drawings and designs to ensure the site management and commercial teams have the relevant and accurate information
12.Co-ordinate the discharge of NHBC / LABC engineering conditions and upload information onto the NHBC portal as necessary
13.Co-ordinate the issue of drawings in line with company protocol and quality standards
14.Request existing services information from statutory authorities as required
15.Specification of Products / Materials
16.Meet administration and reporting obligations
17.Health and safety management
18.Client relationship management