Below are a list of currently available jobs. Please click read more to find more details about each listing.
- Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
- £45000.00 - 50000.00
- car, bonus, package
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
Role: Construction Planner
Hours: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday. 8.30am - 5.00pm
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 DOE, car, bonus, package
About our client
Established for nearly 150 years, our client deliver a host of construction projects, primarily across the Yorkshire region. Ranging from small scale extensions and refurbishments, to the design and build of new developments and strategic estates partnerships, our client work in respectful partnership with their clients, supply chain and communities, with whole life costing and total quality always at front of mind.
Recognised as being a 'Sunday Times Best Company to Work For' business, our client continually strive to be a great place to work so that they can be a great company to deal with. Committed to their region, they aim to leave a legacy through economic, social and community impact.
* Plan for works
Coordinate with design and construction teams to manage and control all pre and construction phase planning activities, including; planning strategies, preliminary preparations, programme amendments and reforecasting, monitoring, risk evaluation, scheduling information required dates and providing planning advice.
* The implementation and development of the business infrastructure and systems
Identify and obtain all relevant information in order to plan and execute construction works, including implementing and monitoring appropriate planning processes and systems, management reporting and effective team communications.
* The development of team relationships
Develop and nurture successful and rewarding relationships with colleagues, clients & supply chain
Ensure own management and skill base is developed and ensure team does likewise
Promote and encourage effective teamwork and good team practices
* Support Project Management Team to meet the needs of the business
* Development of phasing diagrams and the like to pictorially show the complex planning process.
Skills & Attributes
As well as exhibiting our client's behaviours of being Positive, Professional, Customer Focused, a Team Player and Doing the Right Thing, the successful person will have the following:
* Hold a full driving licence, valid in the UK.
* A proven track record in planning successful medium to large scale construction projects.
* A positive and professional attitude.
* Have previous experience working with bespoke planning software and systems
* Ability to work using own initiative but also as part of a close knit team.
* Excellent levels of computer literacy, and be fluent in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, as well as in a bespoke Planning Software package (ASTA or similar).
* Have a proactive attitude towards delivering construction works to a world-class standard.
* Hold excellent communications skills and the ability to liaise with senior clients & subcontractors.
* Possess good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise a variety of tasks.
* Possess a positive approach to learning, development and progression.
* Have a flexible outlook towards hours worked (some out of hours working may be required).
* Have working knowledge of current Health and Safety practice.
* Previous knowledge working with public and private sector clients
* Hold a professional qualification in Construction, Design or Architecture.
* Previous knowledge working in the education sector (primary, secondary and/or adult)
* Previous experience and/or training on BIM (Building Information Modelling)