Below are a list of currently available jobs. Please click read more to find more details about each listing.
Estimator / Quantity Surveyor
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £35000.00 - 48000.00
- car, bonus, package
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
Role: Estimator / Quantity Surveyor
Hours: 8.30am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday (37.5 per week)
Salary: £35,000 - £48,000 DOE plus bonus, car, package,
About our client
Established for nearly 150 years, our client deliver a host of construction projects, primarily across the Yorkshire region. Ranging from small scale extensions and refurbishments, to the design and build of new developments and strategic estates partnerships, our client work in respectful partnership with their clients, supply chain and communities, with whole life costing and total quality always at front of mind.
Recognised as being a 'Sunday Times Best Company to Work For' business, our client continually strive to be a great place to work so that they can be a great company to deal with. Committed to their region, they aim to leave a legacy through economic, social and community impact.
* Client Liaison - meetings, taking brief/requirements & business development.
* Develop and nurture successful and rewarding relationships with colleagues, clients & supply chain.
* Project estimating and tender submissions.
* Preparation of interim and final accounts.
* Subcontract measurement and payments.
* Working alongside Projects Team, providing cost information and contract advice etc.
* Preparation of Monthly financial reports for submission to the Board
Key skills and attributes required:
As well as exhibiting our client's company behaviours of being Positive, Professional, Customer Focused, a Team Player and Doing the Right Thing, the successful person will have the following essential skills:
* Hold a full driving licence, valid in the UK.
* Previous experience within a competitive and successful estimating/surveying/commercial team or department.
* A positive and professional attitude.
* Ability to work using own initiative but also as part of a close knit team.
* Excellent levels of computer literacy, and be fluent in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
Key skills and attributes (continued):
* Have a proactive attitude towards delivering construction works to a world-class standard.
* Hold excellent communications skills and the ability to liaise with senior clients & subcontractors.
* Possess good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise a variety of tasks.
* Possess a positive approach to learning, development and progression.
* Have a flexible outlook towards hours worked (some out of hours working may be required).
* Have working knowledge of current Health and Safety practice.
Alongside the above, further desirable skills for this position are:
* Previous knowledge working with public and private sector clients
* Previous knowledge working in the education sector (primary, secondary and/or adult)
* Previous experience and/or training on BIM (Business Information Modelling)