Below are a list of currently available jobs. Please click read more to find more details about each listing.
Assistant Site Engineer
- South Yorkshire
- £20000.00 - 30000.00
- Pension & Bonus Scheme
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
The role of an Assistant Engineer involves taking on greater responsibility and variety of work. This will, in turn, give greater depth to the knowledge already gained in the previous role. A greater appreciation and understanding should be had for all other internal disciplines and external bodies involved.
* A Senior Engineer will still be assigned to mentor this role, but will have a reduced input. It is expected that the Assistant will manage their own work load and use the mentor for guidance.
* The role will see a continuation of education on a day release basis.
* The appointment and management of external consultants to complete road and sewer, foundation, external works and plot drainage designs.
* Checking of the above designs to ensure they are feasible to construct, cost effective, meet regulatory approvals and where relevant, satisfy the sales department and customers in terms of aesthetic requirements.
* Securing technical approval for road and sewer designs and acquiring section 38, 104 and 278 agreements that are necessary for developments.
* Commissioning of pre-design surveys such as topographical surveys, transport assessments, utility traces and site investigation works.
* Liaising with external consultants and contractors to determine remediation and earthworks strategies.
* Co-ordinating and overseeing all pre-construction engineering activities on sites including remediation, earthworks and road and sewers.
* Negotiating, procuring and co-ordinating utility contracts (new connections, offsite reinforcement and diversions) to deliver the required work in line with build programmes and viability estimates/budgets.
* Procuring street lighting designs and liaising with the Commercial team to procure contractors for supply, erection and commissioning both for public and private areas.
* Site reviews with QS and Site Manager to monitor ground works and road & sewers contractors to ensure works are on programme, in accordance with designs.
* Providing the necessary information to ensure adoption of roads and sewers.
* Liaising with local authority planning and building control (NHBC) to discharge development conditions.
* Issuing drawings and information to the relevant internal departments and external parties to suit build programmes and pre-tender/pre-start meetings.
* Resolving and answering issues and queries from construction and other departments with regards to engineering disciplines.
* Facilitating the adoption of roads and sewers to manage bond values.
* Working with the project team to ensure meet development targets.
* Management of live developments from game plan through to game plan live program with key target set.
The above outlines the main duties and responsibilities of the position, however, this cannot be comprehensive and other duties, as directed by the Company and within the job holder's capabilities will be required. The duties will evolve and be modified by changes within the Company.
Key measures of success:
* Deliver value Engineering process and information to secure site start dates in line with the business plan.
* Ensure all Engineering elements are completed to quality, time and cost resulting in start dates being met.
* Ensure all consultant outputs utilised meet quality standards and timescales.